Phil Kennedy joined the Golden Heart Team in 2017 as Partner-Chief Development Officer. Phil has over 30 years of experience in executive leadership and innovative international business development. As a focused visionary and mentor, he has consistently demonstrated a unique ability to motivate and lead team members to develop the Corporate vision as they grow and expand in their own career paths. As a natural entrepreneur, he has a strong record managing turnarounds, new ventures and high growth business. Mr. Kennedy served for 24 years in Churches of Christ Care, one of Australia’s largest non-profit health and welfare organizations, first as Regional Director of the Aged Care Division; then as State Director for the Community Businesses Division. A few highlights include:
- Phil proposed and implemented in the inaugural and highly successful Aged Care Exchange program between the USA and Australia.
- He Project Managed 15 residential aged care building programs and developed 17 major residential and community service programs during 17 years. This resulted in growth of care programs from 100 to 6000 care recipients on the Gold Coast; annual revenues totalling over $12M; and increased debt-free property assets from $3M to $28M.
- He established and developed Care’s Community Businesses Division – for-profit enterprises which provided funds to support Care’s welfare and missions’ programs.
- These ventures included the turn-around of two major international tourist attractions that grew from bankrupt to an annual clientele of 100 to over 100,000 international visitors.
- He founded AACE (Australia Aged Care Export), an international health and welfare education exchange.
- Throughout his career, Phil has served as a Director on numerous local, national and international Boards encompassing church, education, welfare, community development and tourism.
He leads with conviction, serves with humility, and empowers others to succeed