Some ways that a home care provider can help keep your parent from returning to the hospital include:
- Providing medication reminders to help your parent stay compliant with their medications and any other guidelines that the doctor gave them so that they can receive maximum benefit and avoid complications
- Encouraging your aprent to make good lifestyle chices such as eating a healthy diet taht will help them stay healthy and support recovery and healing
- ASsisting with tasks around the home so that your parent can conserve their energy and focus on recovery rather than handling daily activities such as tidying, laundry, and meal preparation
- Monotiring your parent’s condition and detecting side effects and issues that might be dangerous or challenging for your parent so that they can be addressed properly
- Offering companionship and support. This can be particularly important as many elderly adults return to the hospital because of loneliness or isolation
- Helping your parent to maintain an aggressive germ control approach that will reduce the risk of illness and infection, and help to support better healing
If your aging parent has been struggling with challenges and limitations, their needs have increased and you are not able to handle them effectively, or your schedule has gotten busier and you are not able to be with your parent as often as you would like to be, now may be the ideal time for you to consider starting home care for them. An in-home senior care services provider can act as a support and supplement to the care that you give your parent to ensure that they have continued access to everything that they need to stay healthy, happy, safe, and comfortable while also encouraging as much independence, engagement, and fulfillment as possible as they age in place. This means that you can have peace of mind knowing that they are in the best hands when you are with them and when you are not.
IF YOU OR AN AGING LOVED-ONE ARE CONSIDERING HOME CARE SERVICES IN SUN CITY WEST, AZ, CONTACT THE CARING STAFF AT GOLDEN HEART SENIOR CARE. CALL TODAY (623) 748-3301.