Gift-giving is a treasured part of the holiday season. Giving a gift to a person that you care about is a way to show your love and appreciation, acknowledge the valuable role that they play in your life, and give them something to enjoy. For many elderly adults, however, challenges and limitations keep them from being able to go shopping and enjoy giving gifts as much as they have in previous years. Helping them to enjoy this aspect of the holiday season can boost their mood, support their holiday spirit, and encourage them to make treasured memories.
Use these tips to help your senior enjoy gift-giving this holiday season:
● Go over their list with them and divide it into groups based on how elaborate a gift they would like to give. They might find that some people gave be grouped together to receive a single gift, such as a family that can receive a gift certificate or a food gift that they would all enjoy.
● Identify any handmade gifts that they might like to give and what they will need to be able to make these gifts so that they can get started.
● Make a list of ideas for the types of gifts that they might like to give to the others on their list so that they have options to make selecting gifts less stressful.
● Help your parent go online and shop for gifts from various online retailers. If gift-wrapping is available, consider having the gifts delivered directly to the recipient.
● Set up a wrapping station in their home with all of the supplies that they will need to wrap gifts, enabling the to work through gifts on their own schedule. Consider choosing supplies that are easier to use, such as gift bags, cinched gift bags, and pre-cut wrapping paper with adhesive table
If you have been looking for ways to enhance your aging parent’s quality of life and support a lifestyle that is as healthy, strong, happy, and independent as possible as they age in place, starting elder care for them might be the ideal solution. An elderly home care services provider can be with your parent on a customized schedule that ensures your parent has all that they need to live a lifestyle that is safe, healthy, and comfortable, but that also supports fulfillment and engaged throughout their later years. This means that they are able to address their individual challenges, limitations, and needs in the ways that are right for them, but also that encourage them to be active and make the most of this chapter in their lives.
IF YOU OR AN AGING LOVED-ONE ARE CONSIDERING IN-HOME ELDER CARE IN AVONDALE, AZ, CONTACT THE CARING STAFF AT GOLDEN HEART SENIOR CARE. CALL TODAY (623) 748-3301.